Ahad, 9 November 2008

MAKE YOURSELF MORE VALUABLE

We talked about the phrase “you cannot give what you do not have.” There are people who possess good hearts and the desire to give, yet they have very little to offer. Why? Because they have not first added value to themselves. Making yourself more valuable is not an entirely selfish act. When you acquire knowledge, learn a new skill, or gain experience, you not only improve yourself, but you also increase your ability to help others.

In 1974 I committed myself to the pursuit of personal growth. I knew that it would help me to be a better educator, so I began to continually read books, listen people, attend conferences, and learn from better leaders. At the time, I had no idea that this commitment would be the most important thing I would ever do to help others. But that has turned out to be the case. As I improve myself, I am better able to help others improve. The more I grow, the more I can help others grow. The same will be true for you. (25 Ways to Win with People)

TO MAKE YOURSELF MORE VALUABLE,
TAKE STEPS TO EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE,
YOUR EXPERIENCES, OR YOUR SKILLS TODAY.

Tiada ulasan: